TLED: Sustain the Conversation: Keep the Spotlight on Race
|To attend this workshop, participants must have completed Discover Your Blind Spots: Teach for All Students.
We hope that this next session will help ACC faculty and staff sustain the conversation about racial systemic inequities that show up around us.
- Discuss the importance of storytelling as a tool for how we cultivate relationships, learn, unlearn, and make meaning of our place in the world
- Utilize Dr. Singleton’s Courageous Conversations About Race protocol when engaging in conversations about race
- Compare and Contrast the Racial Consciousness Flow Chart and the Cycle of Socialization
- Discuss the difference between race/ethnicity/nationality
- Participate in mindful inquiry of those multiple perspectives, beliefs, and experiences that are different than your own
Summer 2021 Dates
Click on the link below to access the workshop via Blackboard Collaborate
Fall 2021 Dates
Click on the links below to access the workshop via Blackboard Collaborate
- Friday, 9/24. Link coming soon
- Wednesday, 10/13. In-person at Eastview Campus
- Wednesday, 11/17. Link coming soon