TLED: Discover Your Blind Spots: Teach for All Students
|Through exercises, discussions, and presentations, faculty will strengthen their knowledge of equitable practices. We will explore a framework that will improve the retention and success of students from historically underserved communities. We will also discuss how to adapt teaching methods to engage students using equity designed principles.
- Distinguish the difference between Equity and Equality
Recognize the importance of emotional engagement to student retention and success
- Utilize Dr. Singleton’s CCAR (Courageous Conversations about Race) protocol when engaging in conversations about race
- Identify ways in which society privileges some individuals over others
- Discuss the relationship between race and student outcomes
Fall 2021 Dates
Click on the links below to access the online workshop via Blackboard Collaborate.
- Wednesday, 9/1. Link coming soon
- Thursday, 10/7. In-person at Highland Campus
- Friday, 11/5. Link coming soon