Lynda.com: Teaching Techniques: Data-Driven Instruction
|Use data to point your classroom in the right direction. Learn how to collect and analyze student data and truly measure learning. Riyaz Gayasaddin explores setting class goals and tracking the results with tools such as the Excel Mastery Tracker, included for free with this course. He then walks through gathering and analyzing the data, and using it to strategically plan reteaching and remediation efforts. Plus, learn how to get buy-in and share your plan with students and their parents.
- Setting qualitative goals
- Setting up the Excel Mastery Tracker
- Gathering data with interim assessments
- Analyzing data
- Understanding outcomes, causes, and solutions
- Getting student buy-in
Taking courses on Lynda.com:
To set up your account and access courses on Lynda.com, follow the instructions at:
Once you have logged on to Lynda.com, enter “Teaching Techniques: Data-Driven Instruction” in the search bar at the top of the screen. Select the course.
To receive credit for completion of a Lynda.com course:
1. Log on to Lynda.com
2. Use the drop down menu for your account (by your first name in the upper right corner of the screen) and select “Certificates”.
3. Find the completed course you are claiming credit for. Select the “View/Print” link to the right of that course listing.
4. A new window should appear displaying your completion certificate. Select “Save as PDF” in the upper left of that window.
5. Attach your saved certificate PDF file to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and ACC ID# in the body of the email message.