We are aware that all employees' Cybersecurity Awareness Training will expire 08/31/2021.
ALL mandatory training for new and current employees is suspended starting Monday, August 9, 2021 through November 1, 2021.
Employees will be able to resume training on Workday to fulfill compliance requirements after November 1, 2021.
More information will be sent to all staff and faculty soon.
DE: Accessibility and Usability for the Online Instructor
This class is offered as a self-paced course in Blackboard.
You must be enrolled by an Instructional Design Specialist in order to begin the class. Once you register for this course, an Instructional Design Specialist will be notified and will enroll you in the Blackboard course within two business days.
This workshop covers the basic definitions of accessibility and usability and how we can use those concepts to make our online Blackboard courses and faculty websites more accessible and usable for desktop computers and other devices. This course also covers some of the research and academic reasoning behind why we use Universal Design for course design. This online class offers hands-on activities and assessments.
- Major categories of disability
- Laws or regulations that deal with disability
- Accessibility and Usability
- Apply Web Accessibility and Usability principles to course design and faculty web pages
- Universal Design and online teaching
- Analyze the organizational structure of our course and faculty web page
- How following Web Accessibility, Usability, and Universal Design principles makes courses and websites more accessible for mobile devices