We are aware that all employees' Cybersecurity Awareness Training will expire 08/31/2021.
ALL mandatory training for new and current employees is suspended starting Monday, August 9, 2021 through November 1, 2021.
Employees will be able to resume training on Workday to fulfill compliance requirements after November 1, 2021.
More information will be sent to all staff and faculty soon.
DE: Distance Learning Instruction Series 2020
This class is offered as a self-paced course in Blackboard. Enrollment is a two-step process.
- Enrolling through this database by selecting the enrollment button below.
- Manual enrollment in Blackboard by a Distance Education staff member.
- Distance Education(DE) staff will be notified automatically by this database when you enroll. A DE staff member will then enroll you in the Blackboard course and you will be notified when this process is complete.
The enrollment process takes up to two business days to complete.
The Distance Learning Instruction Series is designed to provide faculty with information, examples, and tips on teaching effective and engaging distance learning courses. The series is divided into four modules, each of which focuses on one major component of DL instruction. You must complete all the modules in order to receive credit for the series. Completion of the series fulfills part of the requirement for faculty training in distance learning instruction.
NOTE: Each module includes activities and assessments. You must score at least 85% according to specified criteria to successfully complete the training. You will receive a total of 4 credit hours upon successful completions.
- Introduction to ACC Distance Education
- Online Teaching and Learning Pedagogy
- Technologies and Resources
- Universal Design and Accessibility
If you do not receive notice of enrollment from DE or have any other questions or concerns, please contact Michelle.Escudier@austincc.edu