ACC is an open door institution. All eligible students are accepted. The application establishes a computer record, which is activated for registration when you meet with an ACC advisor. Follow these steps:
- Complete the online application, which will be entered into ACC’s computer system within 24 hours of submission. After you have completed the application, you will be directed to the link for the Residency Information Form. Download the form, complete it, and either mail, fax or deliver it in person to a campus Admissions Office. Specific instructions are printed at the bottom of the form.
- Submit, to an ACC Admissions office, an official high school transcript or a copy of your GED certificate if you have never attended college, or official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. Documents submitted to ACC as a part of the admissions requirements become the property of the college.
- The THEA or an approved alternative test is required unless you are exempt. Verify your status with a counselor.
- ACC requires new degree- or certificate-seeking students who have not completed twelve or more hours at another college to complete a new student orientation.
- Meet with an advisor or counselor at an ACC campus. The advisor or counselor will activate your application, allowing you to register.
- International students must contact the ACC International Student Office in order to complete the registration process.
- Register using the ACC Online web registration system. Your registration is not complete until you have paid your tuition and fees.
Information about Texas residency: (This section must be completed)
- You must establish residency in accordance with the Texas Education Code.
- All ACC students must, by Texas law, complete and sign the Residency Information form. You must go to an ACC campus Admissions office to complete the residency form, or you may print it: Residency Form.
Mail the form to: Admissions and Records
PO Box 15306
Austin, Texas 78761-5306
or Fax it to: ACC Admissions and Records at 512-223-7175
- Texas residents are designated as in-district for tuition purposes based on their address on file at ACC by the residency change deadline published in the course schedule if their address:
is in the Austin, Del Valle, Leander, Manor, Round Rock, Elgin or Hays Consolidated independent school districts or if the address at which they reside is assessed City of Austin taxes. Property owners and their dependents living in Texas but outside the ACC tax district who own property in-district and pay taxes supporting ACC may be eligible for in-district tuition. A current property tax statement and dependency documents are required for verification each semester of enrollment. Property owners on most temporary visas are not eligible for in-district classification. All P.O. Boxes are out-of-district.
- Texas law requires residency information to be audited by Admissions. Additional documentation to establish residency may be required by that office.
(note: each of these will open in a new window)