Jill Adams, Toni Bauer, Karyna Elizondo, Minna Harman, Tim Kelly, Joan Klausner, Eileen Klein, EdD, RN, Michele Melkerson-Granryd, Pamela Soto, Zeke Swinford
No guest attendance has been recorded.
Item # 1:
Chair, Vice Chair Elections.
Pamela Soto proceeded by addressing the first item in the agenda, the Chair and Vice Chair Election. Pamela made a motion to have the current Vice Chair, Steven Boyd, to take over as Chair. Tim Kelly volunteered to be Vice Chair. Committee vote was
Item # 2:
Revisit FITT 2331 Issue.
A recommendation presented about having Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology as a pre-requirement for FITT 2331.
* Currently the FITT 2331 is only offered in the Spring Semester.
* Eileen would like data collected of students' usage of Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology.
* Need more input from student evaluations, grades, and faculty to determine if Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology would aid the students. 3 cycles of data would be needed for comparison.
* Table a decision if Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology as a pre-requisite is needed. Vote was unanimous
Item # 3:
* A Master Plan for the Personal Fitness Trainer Program would need to be established. This was set by ACC President for all ACC programs to have a Master Plan in place.
* The budget for the Personal Fitness Trainer Program falls under Kinesiology, being the program is a subsidiary.
* With Highland Mall converting into ACC, space for the Personal Fitness Trainer Program is requested in the mall. Eilleen stated that space in the mall would depend on the Bond election. Grant funded initiative would be needed for space in the mall.
* Building D at Riverside. Table talk about using Building D for the program. Eilleen stated the building would not be retained. This is due to asbestos and mold in the building.
Item # 4:
* Hybrid Courses. A quick table discussion on Hybrid courses was presented.
* Hiring of Hourly. The program has hired an hourly person. This individual will start in the Fall semester.
* ""New Major"" Survey. This survey is to compare failure/drop rate with other Health Science Programs. Eilleen commented that the smaller the class size in a program, the higher the drop rate would be.
* Job Placement. It has been found that graduates of the program that do internships with a company have more of a success in getting an offer or hired for a position within the company. Pamela wants to promote more internship.
* Testimonials. A suggestion on creating a spreadsheet to compare local certifications versus ACC certifications. This is to determine likes/dislikes, course structure, easy/hard, costs, and hiring after completion.
* Possibility of doing video interviews on testimonial about the program.
* Possibility of doing video interviews after complication
Item # 5:
Request for additional/newer equipment:
* TRX Training System. This was presented by Pamela. It is a suspension trainer workout system that utilizes the individual bodyweight with suspension equipment.
* Primal 7. A more advanced training system than TRX.
* Battling Ropes.
* Total Gym Workout. Exercise equipment.
Pamela Soto concluded the meeting at 3:30 pm by thanking the board members who attended the session.
Austin Community College
5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.