Survey of User Experience Design
Credit Fall 2020
08/24/2020 - 12/13/2020
Th 18:00 - 18:55
Th 18:55 - 20:40
5:00pm - 6:00pm
Will be online in Blackboard Collaborate 1 hour prior to class.
No textbooks are required for this course. To keep the content of this course as up-to-date as possible with industry changes, all required articles, videos, and materials will be available online or provided by the professor.
Instruction in the processes and methods used by members of the UX team to create products or services that satisfy users, and align with business goals. Survey trends in the UX industry.
This course introduces the student to concepts and skills related to UX Design, as well as the role of UX in the organization. Students will build the necessary knowledge base to further their understanding of what a successful career in the field of UX requires. Students will then be prepared to 1) evaluate whether or not UX Design (or a related discipline) is a viable career option for them, and 2) to pursue more advanced study in UX Design if they choose.
Student Learning Outcomes/Learning Objectives
- Identify the various roles and functions of the UX Design job
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of the industry and specialities within the practice of UX Design
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history and evolution of UX Design as a practice
- Begin assembly of your UX Design skillset, including how to effectively select the best tool or methodology for a given problem
- Communicate personal interest in UX Design and design skills through storytelling