Introduction to International Business and Trade
Credit Fall 2019
08/26/2019 - 12/15/2019
10:20AM - 12:50PM
NRG Office 4237
Other appointments available if needed.
Student Learning Outcomes/Learning Objectives
This course will provide the student with information about business operations and business vocabulary in International Business and explores the techniques for entering the international marketplace. Emphasis on the impact and dynamics of sociocultural, demographic, economic, technological, and political-legal factors in the foreign trade environment. Other topics include patterns of world trade, internationalization of the firm, and operating procedures of the multinational enterprise. The course covers how and why the world’s countries differ, a thorough review of the economics and politics of international trade and investment, explains the functions and form of the global monetary system, examines the strategies and structures of international businesses, and assess the special roles of an international business’s various functions.
1) Complete the Orientation Questionnaire (On-line course only) for half a percent extra credit added to the total of your exam scores.
2) Read the text book chapters and Power Points.
3) Complete the research project.
4) Complete the exams.
5) Complete the Business Cases for extra credit.
6) Students are highly encouraged to keep up and on schedule.
7) Students are required to get the help they need in a timely fashion (do not wait till the end of the semester). If for some reason, your messages are not returned in a timely manner, it is up to you to follow up and get help. Make sure you include your name, section number and the name of your class in all communications. Sometimes my schedule is hectic so don’t waste time waiting, call again if you don’t get the help you need.
- Global Business Today 9th Edition by Hill
- ISBN: 9780078112911
- None of the online modules are required for this class.
- Note- there are several ISBNs for this book depending on the online support materials that are include. The other editions of the book like the 8th 9th 10th or 11th that will work. The chapters don’t always correspond perfectly but if $$ are an issue, find a used one online at a great price and it will work.
Chapter 2.National Differences in Political, Economic, and Legal Systems
Chapter 2A.Country Differences in Political Systems, Economic Systems, and Development
Chapter 3.National Differences in Economic Development
Chapter 4.Differences in Culture
Chapter 5.Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Sustainability
Chapter 6.International Trade Theory
Chapter 6A.International Trade Theory and Government Policy
Chapter 7.Government Policy and International Trade
Chapter 8.Foreign Direct Investment
Chapter 9.Regional Economic Integration
Chapter 10.The Foreign Exchange Market
Chapter 11.The International Monetary System
Chapter 11A.Entering Foreign Markets
Chapter 12.The Strategy of International Business
Chapter 13.Entering Foreign Markets
Chapter 14.Exporting, Importing, and Countertrade
Chapter 15.Global Production and Supply Chain Management
Chapter 16.Global Marketing and Research and Development
Chapter 17.Global Human Resource Management