Advanced Word Processing: MS Word II
08/23/2010 - 12/12/2010
No office hours have been entered for this term
Course Description: Advanced techniques in merging, macros, graphics, and desktop publishing. Includes extensive formatting for technical documents. Emphasis on business applications. This skill development specifically includes MS Word. This course covers the required skill sets on the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) expert-level exam for Word.
Student Learning Outcomes/Learning Objectives
- Learn the purpose and business uses for word processing and become familiar with word processing terminology.
- Use Microsoft Office 2007 to produce business letters, reports, tables, newsletters, resumes, form letters, Web pages, master documents, and online forms.
- Improve keying speed and accuracy.
Prerequisite: Key 35 wpm on a 5-minute timed writing with 5 or fewer errors and a passing score on the Reading portion of ACC's assessment test.
Chapter 1 Creating and Editing a Word Document--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 2 Creating a Research Paper--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 3 Creating a Cover Letter and a Resume & Creating a Web Page Using MS Word--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 4 Creating a Document with a Title Page, Table, Chart, and Watermark--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 5 Generating Form Letters, Mailing Labels, and Directories--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 6 Creating a Professional Newsletter & Linking an Excel Worksheet and Chart to an MS Word Document--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 7 Working wth Document Sharing Tools, a Master Document, a Table of Contents, and an Index--Objective and Performance Assessment
Chapter 8 Creating an Online Form--Objective and Performance Assessment
Textbook and Required Materials:
- Microsoft Word 2007 Comprehensive Concepts and Techniques, Cashman, 1-4188-4338-5
- Skill Building Pro, Walter Sharp and Ronald Johnson, 0â€‘538â€‘72991-0
- Flash Drive