University of Texas Austin
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Texas Austin
Master of Arts
Master of Arts in Teaching
Bachelor of Arts
Aaron Kyle Reynolds
615 Gaylor Street, Austin, Texas 78752
(512) 576-8767 email@example.com
Objective:To obtain a position within educational institution or developmental organization providing instruction, research skills, academic services, teacher training, and/or educational consulting.
Highlights of Qualifications
- Designed and implemented organization and instruction programs in both in public and private grade schools, UT Austin, and Austin Community College
- Recognized for leadership, communication, problem solving, and project management skills
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, review, synthesize, and organize information, materials, and people
- Highly effective in leadership, training, and cooperative teamwork roles
- Self-Motivated, committed, resourceful, and reliable in high-performance level environments
Relevant Work Experience
Adjunct Faculty Member, History Department, Austin Community College, Austin, Texas.
- Designed and implemented course curriculum for United States History, 1492-1877, and Post 1877 in local high schools and ACC facilities
- Supported students’ development of intellectual and project completion skills
- Cooperated with department administrators and colleagues in program to bridge the high school/college/workforce transition
Research/Instructional Development Team Member, History, English, Political Science Departments, University of Texas at Austin.
- Researched team-based learning pedagogical data to design student centered survey course organized on primary source inference skills and small group project management
- Cooperated with UT Faculty and fellow Graduate Students to design, implement, and document successful team-based learning models in large scale university level survey course
- Provided individual academic skill and intellectual process training to students
Team Member, Controlled essay-scoring project for general education writing assessment as part of UT Austin’s accreditation by the Southern Association of College and Schools (SACS).
- Cooperated with team of assessment administrators in evaluating and scoring undergraduate essays to determine appropriate college level writing standards.
- Participated in revision of holistic rubric for appropriate college level writing standards.
- Advised program administrators on ways to improve rater training and essay sample selection.
Classroom Teacher, Gardner Betts Leadership Academy, Griffin School, and Austin Independent School District.
- Designed and implemented Social Studies, Language Arts, and Fine Arts curriculum in diverse educational institutions/classroom environments
- Worked directly with Administration in County, City, and Private organizations to provide academic and cognitive development services to high achieving, special-needs, and at-risk youth.
- Trained teachers and emergent readers in holistic and phonemic literacy strategies to raise under-served students to state standards
Adjunct Faculty, ACC History Department 6/2010-Present
Research/Teaching Assistant UT Austin, History/English/Pol. Science Departments 09/2007-Present
Classroom Teacher, Fine Arts, Gardner Betts Leadership Academy 06/2005-Present
Classroom Teacher, U.S. History, English, Fine Arts, Griffin School 08/2001-08/2008
Classroom Teacher/Reading Specialist, Paredes Middle School, AISD 01/2001-06/2001
M.A. History, University of Texas at Austin 06/2010
M.A. Teaching, Austin College 06/2001
B.A. History, Austin College 06/2000
*Currently enrolled PhD. Program in History, University of Texas at Austin